Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's been a year....

Today the girls and I have been here 1 year. In a couple days Anthony will have been here a year. The time a past so fast and so slow at the same time. I remember moving here and my head saying no, because I'll miss everyone and everything I have. I'm glad I followed my heart, which told me it's not about me it's about His will for me. There are so many people out here that have no hope and I want them to know that they just need Jesus. Truly I feel that is the only thing/person that really matters in this life.
I look back at where my head was and what I was focused on: my house, friends, family, church, earthly things. I feel our family has changed dramatically. I can only thank Him who has changed us, and the work He is doing in us. We lost most of our support once we move here and make way less than we would have even thought was possible. But we have been faithful and we have changed what is important to us. I can't believe I use to think the way I did. There are people outside that don't have a place to sleep (in the snow). They don't have food in their pockets or in their cabinets. I was worried on when I was going to see my friends and family next and how we were going to make more money. My heart has changed so much and I know the distance between my family and friends ( which I feel are slowly fading) and moving here to see such a big change, is what helped my heart to change. I'm glad I can show my girls Jesus and help them understand Him as I learn too. I'm glad my marriage is better than ever, and my girls are growing healthy and happy.
We have made friends and the road has been hard but to know that any pain I may feel on this journey isn't even close to the pain Christ felt on the cross and He must feel as he has been watching His people over the years. So the last year seems long when I think back on life, but seems so fast when I think about the change He has done in me and how short life is and the work that needs to be done.
I am here to do God's will and w/ a goal to help others and show Jesus to my girls as much as I possibly can. I think it has taken a year to really open my eyes to see that we are here for a long time and my focus on life must change ( to God) in order for my heart to change (and see the meaning of this life). Please know I know I am FAR from perfect and God still has ALOT to do w/ and in me but I am happy to be here and serving Him now.

So as a 1 yr. anniversary of living here I have done a few blogs of our last week. We actually did fun stuff and celebrated our 4 yr. anniversary. Sorry for the long blog.


To our family and friends that are far from us I thank you for your love. We ask that you pray for God's will to be done, for strength to continue the work He wants us to do, for support to keep us able (physically and financially), and to continue the work that's being done in our family and bringing us closer. We love and miss you all.

3 comments:

The Calisch's said...

beautiful made me get all emotional inside! I am happy for you and where you are and meeting you. i cant imagine you and your family not in my life LOVE you lots

The Jacksons said...

We love you and miss you VERY much. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of you. You were such a great friend to me when you were here and still as loyal as ever. I love you and value our friendship. I am so happy that you are feeling so fulfilled. YOU ARE the example of what it means to submit to your husband and to our Heavenly Father and I can look at your life and learn from it. Congratulations

Anonymous said...

A Year already! Were does time go? I think about you all everyday, and we pray for you always. I love you all and miss you greatly.
God bless,
Donnie & Holly