Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cutting the Bangs

On Sunday mornings it can get a little rush, rush right before we leave to go to church, since the girl's hair is usually the last thing I do before we leave. On top of doing their hair, this morning I wanted to cut Alexa's bangs really quick, since she kept complaining they were in her eyes. I'm usually pretty picky on how short they can be. But I was in a hurry and just pulled them down and cut straight across. Which worked fine. When we got home, right away I tell Alexa take off your shoes and jacket and go to the bathroom. Which she did. I laid Charlie down and she was still in the bathroom. Finally when she came out Alexa asked Anthony to lay her down. As she was walking toward me I thought her bangs looked a little shorter than what I usually cut, but I also thought she looked cute w/ it a little shorter. So I said, "your bangs look cute." she said, " I cut them." I'm thinking 'no I cut them' but whatever. She gave me a kiss then looked me dead in the eyes and said, "you left the scissors on the floor and I cut my bangs" WHAT?! was the first thing that came to mind as I started moving her bangs around noticing they were totally uneven. I realized she did cut them, and I gave her a talk about not playing w/ scissors. We have been really trying to explain to her lately not to lie. So Anthony added that it was good that she told us and that made us happy. So we let it go but now I know not to leave the scissors out.


This is what I found on the counter after she went to bed.
Even though they are shorter then what we like, I have to remember they will grow back. She's starting to look like such a little girl, and people always think she's older than what she is, and w/ the shorter bangs I think she looks even older. So here's our pretty girl.

3 comments:

The Calisch's said...

oh wow! she looks adorable!!!!!

Devonne said...

I am always afraid of that happening in our house. When my niece was little her mom was going to cosmetology school and she cut all her bangs of to the top of her head twice. Alexa's look pretty good. I think she did a better job than I ever have.

The Jacksons said...

I think she did a pretty good job. She is looking more and more like a little girl and I think looking more like you.