Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving.....

I know I'm almost a week late. But it was really hard for me to decide to post a Thanksgiving blog. So here's my heart. I was away from my family for the first time this Thanksgiving. We spent Easter away from them but it seemed different. My family is usually the family that gets everyone together for the holidays and we usually have Thanksgiving at our house, so we can get Anthony and my family all together for once. So to be away from my family and spend a holiday w/ new friends and people we don't know was hard. It brought me to a new level of emotions. I love my family so much and I miss them dearly but I know that I'm here for Christ, for the right reason, and w/ no regrets but I really had to focus on all that we are Thankful for. So before I get to what I am Thankful for, let me tell you we did have a nice Thanksgiving it just was really different. Mostly we just hang around the house like any other day but dressed up the girls and took pictures of them, but they (like always) weren't in the mood. Scott and Anne (the people we live w/) invited some of their friends that didn't have places to go and Scott's sister, and we invited Danielle and her family (her mom had just moved to Tx. so they don't have much family around either). We ate dinner and tried to tame the 2 kids, but after dinner we decided it was bed time for them even though it was only 7:30pm. So we got the girls ready for bed then headed over to Danielle's house and the 4 of us, adults, played some games. Which made it feel a little more like Thanksgiving. The only thing missing was the football game. I FINALLY got through a Thanksgiving w/ no football.....that's something to be thankful for all in itself.
So let me tell you I found this verse that comforted me through the holiday and still is. 1Thess. 5:16-18. " Rejoice always, pray w/out ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." And it seemed very clear to me at church on Sat., after the pastor showed this video of all these poor people and people w/ nothing that were sick and uneducated and dying, that I should be Thankful that I am saved and all the things I do have. I will rejoice in God he has given me soo much, beyond my family and friends. We are far from rich but we do have a roof over our heads and food on our table, we are living on a missionary income but we don't have to worry about the little things . I don't have to worry if my children will die from starvation or won't be educated, etc. I love my life: I have beautiful healthy girls, a husband that loves me and more importantly loves Jesus. My God is an awesome God and he will provide and he does take care of us and to Him I will be Thankful. Today, tomorrow and always I will be Thankful that I have a better place awaiting me after this life and my children have parents that will do any and everything for the best of their well being. I hope I didn't bore you, but instead inspired you to look to things outside of materials and not to take the little things for granted (someone always has it worse).

And just picture sake here are some from our Thanksgiving.
Anthony is famous for taking surprise pictures on the Holidays...
so I had to do it to him.... hehehe!

She can't stop standing on things.

The best picture I could get of her.....I had just done her hair....can you tell j/k.

Sisterly love

Anthony wasn't home at this time so I TRIED to set up the camera and take a picture of us.

Danielle and Addison

This is what we had to tame.

Cute little Addison seemed to like turkey

Love you all and God bless!

1 comment:

The Jacksons said...

I thought about you alot this holiday and I am glad to see that you have some great friends to be with. Sometimes our friends take on the role of being our family and it sounds like you are grateful for that. Love you and stay strong.