Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow day, Snow fun

Today the girls had a snow day from school. The news said it would snow all day & get about 10-12inches. So yes, I woke up thinking 'OH MY.....what am I going to do today, to keep them ALL busy' since I don't really like going out when the snow is falling. Lol. I like to look from my window as it falls & play in it, when it's done falling. So with that added to the big NON planner that I am, you can see how I may panic. Buuuut instead I just winged the whole day. So here you have it. 

By 8:30 kids already ate breakfast & built a fort w my dinning room table. 
  Girls found the perfect place to watch a movie & not be bothered by brothers.....outta site outta of mind ;)

We squirrel watched. Kids were shocked there was a squirrel in a tree.....

And eating in tree. Crazy animal. 

I will apologize now for the nude boy in a diaper, in the pics to come.  His new favorite thing to do is strip down & yell 'tah da!!' 
Of course we had rest & movie time. Daddy bought Planes, which this chubby boy has been asking for FOREVER! 


Malachi & I made some calls....

Zeke did some hair cutting....

And a lil dance with Charlie's snow boots. 

We got a Valentines day package from Grandparents. Kids were stoked! 

Which lead to coloring

A first: all kids sitting & coloring at the same time (mommy memory moment) 

Anytime anyone went out (trash, shovel, or just to watch snow), Malachi was there to watch. Love our low big windows 

Measuring the snow. Snow that had falling, up to waist & from shoveling the sidewalk almost to shoulder of my 9 yr old, 4ft girl. This was only 2pm, 7 hrs after it started snowing. Man that a lot :)

Aaaaand finally we took the 20 min to get everyone in suits & go outside......for about a 15 min play time. Boys didn't last. Zeke got snow in coat (since he won't zip all the way up) & Malachi screams as soon as he gets cold. 

Girls & daddy played for longer. 
Trying build a moat & fort

Then decided to jump on it & collapse it. Lol. 

Everyone got a bath (or shower). Zeke did his normal 'helping' w/ Malachi's bath. 

Mommy even gave them hot chocolate. 

It was a good day. Ended with a breakfast for dinner & a movie. 

I fully enjoyed today. I am blessed with a house full of wild, loud, energetic, loving children & a wonderful hubby. 
Hope you all had a wonderful day too. 
God bless 

No comments: