Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Anniversary


Ok so I have a wonderful hubby. I'm sure you've heard or read me say that before. I will not deny. I'm thankful for him. He is a blessing. Just when I least expect it he does something great. 
So in 7 days we will be officially married 9 yrs. to some this may seem like a long time, to others just a dot of time compared to how many more (as long as we live) to come. 
Sunday right after church he rushed into the nursery room, where I was serving at church, & tells me "hurry up! You need to go home & pack a bag for 2 days" & turns to walk away. I say "um, pack what? Nice? Jammies? ....." He looks back says "yes, for 2 days, hurry" I couldn't help but feel like he's playing a joke on me. But it wasn't. He took me on a surprise trip. I didn't have a clue where we were going til the sign on the freeway said 'welcome to Cape Cod'. Yeah baby. Neither of us had been there. But then we drove for another hr & half.



Finally parked on a lil side street. Then hubby tells me I'm getting a 
That's right a surprise tattoo. 
I've wanted this forever but to big of a baby to sit in the tattoo chair again :) totally love it. 
Then we drove an hr back the way we came pulled up to 
This beauty. Yes, we have a friend who doesn't stay in this place often, in the Winter, so let us stay here for 2 days. 
What a wonderful blessing. Someone trusting & letting us stay here. I'm so thankful. So after hubby shoveled a parking spot 
We unloaded our stuff, sat for a lil. The house inside was so peaceful. Very nice. 
Then off to dinner. Yarmouth house, yum.

The next morning I woke up to this 
Can you say 'oh my God, your work is beautiful.' I'm so in awe of sunsets & sunrises. It's like God painting the sky. Bea-u-ti-ful!!!
I got to drink coffee in peace & quiet. No kids asking for drinks, breakfast, to watch tv.....nothing. I drank a huge mug of HOT coffee & read the Word. Jeremiah 1 wow, a good smack in the face. Then sat in a comfy lazy boy. If you know me at all this is close to heaven 
A BIG comfy lazy boy that's a rocker, coffee & the sun beating on me. *sighe!!! 
So then hubby surprised me with a salon date. Said I could get cut, dye, mani, pedi. Whatever. But he has been blessed with a low key wife ;) so I only got a hair cut. I don't really care for the other things. 
Then we wanted to find a street with lots of Cape Cod shops, but the bad thing about Cape Cod in the winter, everybody closes shops. Most stores & restaurants were closed from late Sept-march (depending on weather). So we headed to the mall. And went to my fav place Old Navy......straight to the sales rack I went. Could have spent the day just in there but we had to eat lunch. 
Bobby Byrnes, hands down best sandwich of my life 

Then went to the shore. A driving we went. Nauset beach, lighthouse & coast guard. It was COLD, but beautiful. We couldn't go near water, they close it off. But the cliff view was great. 
          (This was on the way)




I find it hilarious that Anthony's first time to an East coast beach, is in the winter. 
And both our first time to a Cape Cod is now :)
 So home for some rest
                       (Sunset)
Then to dinner. Oyster Company. Highly recommend. Good food, good service, nice atmosphere. 
The waitress suggested going to this old tower before we went. So we did. 









Had a great view. Would love to see when sun was shining & no snow. The city scape with ocean in the distance is beautiful. 
Then we drove home. Our travel home was prob the only bad part. There was a storm hitting Mass (as most of you felt, saw or played in) going West to East. And we were driving East to West. We stopped half way before we ran into any snow. Ate a lil, which I got a stomach ache, then saw Lone Survivor. Very good movie. You need a reality check & a lil cry go see it. It's amazing what men do for our country. So when we got back in car the snow had fallin a few inches at least. So traffic on freeway was slooooow & ended up behind 2 accidents. 1st one we waited through. The other we cut through town & got home safely. 

So all in all did I have a good time? OF COURSE. I did all my fav things:
Relaxed, slept (well), coffee, wine, sat around, no rushing, saw Gods beauty & took pics, shopping, time with hubby, ate at nice restaurant & lunch at a 'cape cod' type place. Saw a new place. And so on. 
So like I started with, I have a great hubby. It's just what we need. I love you babe. Very thankful also to friends who leant us their home, & family that not only watched but loved on our kid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It gave me great joy reading your experience. It fills my heart to know I am not the only wife with a thoughtful...selfless...supportive...loving husband. GOD is good! May your marriage be blessed forever and ever. Happy Anniversary

Love Tamika.

Anonymous said...

Come back in the summer! I live in yarmouth!
-Nic rexford