Saturday, February 15, 2014

Snow day 2

So the girls ended up having another snow day, the next day. Which also was Valentines Day. There were mixed emotions, in our home, about having no school again. Girls were happy ......@ first, cause were up to our eyeballs in snow. And they wanted to play in it SO bad. 

And there were extra snuggles. 
Side note: Something I wonder often is why my children wake so early, when there's nothing planned for the day. Makes for a very looooong day. But every school morning I have to wake them, cause they are so tired ;)


Then Alexa gave us our Vday cards she made in school. 
And that's when it happened......Charlie realized her cards for us were still at school, which made her sad. And Alexa so nicely reminded that we also have all of next wk off for winter vacation. Then the tears came. Poor girl didn't wanna wait to give us her cards :( but what could we but try & distract her. 

Popcorn was a MUST! The 3 older ones all asked for it 

Lunch, naps, flowers & candy for girls from Daddy.....Anthony & I don't really celebrate the Hallmark holiday, also known as Valentines day. But he knows it means something to the girls so he still treats them. They love gifts, def from him. 

Then sledding for a lil. 
Rebel. Has to switch things up


And we ended our day with dinner at my moms. The kids all played & the girls even played in my old dresses from (alexa) prom & (Charlie) in my 8th grade dance.  So weird to see those dresses. If you knew me before 2 yrs ago, you prob have never seen me in dress besides these 2 times & my wedding. I have collected dresses in the last couple yrs, thanks to weddings & things but still not a fan :)
But they sure look cute. 

So today was a lil less eventful. But still a very nice day. Hope you all (with snow around) stayed safe & warm. And those enjoying sunshine in Feb. You are being deprived if God beauty ;) totally kidding. Enjoy. 

God bless

No comments: