Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Miracle: Behind the Laughter there are Tears

Our Charlie surprised us all today. She started crawling early, standing and walking around the table at 7mo. but when it came to walking she was determined not to even try. We would stand her up and she would slowly fall to the ground or lift her legs up so we couldn't even stand her. But today we tried once again and she took 6 steps in a row, grabbed the table then turned and walked again. Usually it takes time from when they take their first steps to when they are walking, but literally now we can't get her to stop trying to walk. On top of that she will fall and stand back up which she has never done before either. My baby that I was 11 days late and felt like was never going to come is nearly one yr. old and is walking. In the video you will hear laughter but really I'm crying my last baby (hopefully) is now walking. Oh how I love to watch them grow as a mother it brings tears to my eyes that they grow sooo fast. I will be posting a 1 yr. blog on Charlie but I wanted to share this joy w/ everyone before that. Please excuse the messy background though.

3 comments:

Devonne said...

Oh my! She is walking so good for just starting. I loved watching the videos. How exciting. I can't believe how fast this year has gone. I love her piggies too. Adorable!

The Wirths said...

it was the first time her hair could squeeze into piggies too. she's staring to get a mullet.

The Jacksons said...

Ok so instead of crying while I was reading your blog this time I actually laughed. So cute I love the hair too and I also just started putting Addie's hair in piggies soooo cute.