Monday, November 24, 2008

Game Night w/ the Calisch's

Today I thought I'd do something different. I know I'm usually the camera freak but I actually didn't pull it out. So I thought I'd just put a piece of me on here w/ out the pictures.
So last night we got invited to our friend's (Danielle and Adam) house for a game night w/ her brothers and their friends. When Anthony got out of church we headed over there. We didn't know anyone else there but everyone was really nice. The night went really well and we all seemed to be having fun. It made me feel like I was back in Ca. w/ all our friends. As most people know Anthony and I love playing games. No we are not dorks but it's always fun to get friends and family together and have some fun. We even brought coffee there, which is almost a necessity when your up late but came to find out they didn't have a coffee maker, but Anthony figured something out, like I said it's almost a necessity. Anyway. It was nice just to get out of the house and hang out w/ other adults. Having an adult conversation seems necessary every once in awhile when you spend most of your days talking to a 3 and 1 yr. old. there's only so many animal noises you can make and questions you can answer. But time did fly by and we stayed later than I thought considering we had our kids w/ us. Speaking of late and children, Alexa decided that sleep just wasn't for her last night either. Our friend Danielle has a 3 yr old also ( named Issac) who Alexa loves to play w/. But Issac was smart and went to bed a little after his bedtime. And after Issac went to bed I thought I'd put a movie on for her and hopefully she would fall asleep or get tired enough to go to bed. But she had different in tension. She only watch 1/2 the movie and then got a second wind. She said she still wanted to play. I think she really just wanted to be a part of what we were doing. So I attempted to put her to bed and she got out of bed 3 times w/ some excuse. Let me tell you by this time it was almost 11pm. and if you know Alexa then you know she was up WAY past her bedtime and WAY tired, which won't keep her from waking up at 6:30am the next day either. So then we decided knowing the lack of sleep she was going to get and after playing games, eating their food and letting my kid run around for 5 hrs. it was time to leave. Let me tell you Alexa did wake up at 6:30am but she took a 3 hr. nap, to catch up on that sleep. I guess that is all part of being a parent sacrificing your time. It is also why we don't get very many nights out w/ the friends. I'm always putting my kids needs before my own that is part of being a mom. And sometimes we all have to sacrifice our time. Alexa was very good girl, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to stay that long. So thank you Alexa for letting us stay out that late. And thank you Danielle and Adam for welcoming us into your house and making it feel like the good old days in Ca.
We are making Christian friends and really starting to love it here and feeling like it's home. I've now become that person that refers to where they grew as " back home" I wish it was warmer, I'm not going to lie, but I do the love the seasons or as Alexa would say " the naked trees (because they don't have leaves on them)" I'm just happy to be doing God's will for us and meeting new people and finally really making good friends.
Danielle posted pictures on her blog so if you're interested go to 'my friends' she's the Calisch family. Lots of love and God bless you all.

2 comments:

The Calisch's said...

Hi girl I cant find my cell phone any where!!! ahhh i call it and hear it ring but cant find it anywhere how was the library? well wanted to let you know that i posted pictures of the game nighte. love you <3 glad it felt like old times!!! Home is where your heart is!!!!

Devonne said...

How fun! I love game night! Glad you are starting to feel like its home. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!