Monday, December 20, 2010

A Week of Good Times

I know for most people the holiday season (Nov & Dec) is really busy, but usually it's the same for me. We don't have a bunch of parties to go to, or lots of family to visit, etc. Which has actually been kinda nice the past couple yrs (since we've been in Ma.) The past week was a lil' different for us, not only for the holiday season but also w/ our normal life. Usually Anthony is the busy one running in & out of the house & doing things throughout the wk but this last week I was the one who had people to see & things to do.

Monday night-Women's night


The pastor's wife from Mercy House (which is our mother-church), Melanie suggested to some of the women leaders of her church & the pastor wives in the other sister-churches to get together. At first I didn't think I would be able to join, since we have Gospel Community on Mondays, but my wonderful Hubby agreed I could go. There was about 8 of us women & we drove down to West Hartford, Ct. to eat @ PF Changs, which was very yummy. While @ dinner we were all suppose to bring something that represents what we are going through right now, (whether struggle or not) & explain. which Melanie asked us to prepare for. All the ladies shared & I must say it's nice to know that in our walks of life we all have struggles, whether the same things or different, & we can share & lean on one another. The best thing is knowing that God is good & is always there to help us in those times of needs. He is the same always, awesome. It was nice just sitting & talking w/ other Godly women who were in leadership & hear what's going on in their lives & churches. When dinner was almost done Melanie also gave us a card w/ some money in it & told all the ladies that we were going to head to the mall (which the restaurant was attached to) & we had to spend that money on ourselves. So we walked around & everyone bought something. Then we headed home. It was a nice night, well overdue. So glad I was able to go. Thank you ladies for sharing & letting me be a part. Thanks Melanie for thinking of doing this, very nice.
Tuesday night- Julie's dinner

Julie is a great friend of mine. Who I met almost 2 yrs ago @ Wellspring church (the church we were attending while trying to get The City Church going). Our families clicked pretty much right away & spent lots of time last yr together, but have been quite busy this yr. Anyway. Her friend Lyla planned a birthday dinner for Julie w/ a couple of Julie's close friends. One of the girls couldn't come, so it was just Julie, Lyla, & I. We went to Osaka's, a Japanese restaurant in Northampton, to experience the hibachi grill. The food was great & the our server/cook was really funny. Then we walked across the street to get a lil' ice cream & just sit & talk. Once again it was nice to just relax w/ them & talk, mostly cause I don't get to hang out w/ them very often, so we got to play catch up, but also just being able to celebrate a great friend's birthday. Julie you're great & I love you. Hope you had a great birthday. I pray you know what a blessing you are to me & the people who love you.

Thursday morning- Surprise

A couple of the college girls from The City Church finished college this trimester. Kristen was one of these girls & had to move to Ca for 6 months t do an internship in a week. Kristen & Kim planned on having breakfast together Thursday morning, so Kim thought it would be nice to invite another girl, Stephanie & I to surprise her & we could say bye one more time. So this simple morning that was suppose to be 1 surprise, ended up being a morning of surprises. Kristen had talked to Stephanie on Wednesday & found out that she would be @ the breakfast on Thursday, but still got the surprise that I was there. So did Stephanie, she didn't know I was going to be there either. I got the surprise that Thursday was Kim's birthday & I had no idea. Kim also got gifts from Kristen & Stephanie (for her birthday) so she got that for a surprise. The morning was really fun. Kim made everyone breakfast & we had a lot of great laughs. So glad I could be there. Kristen I pray your journey to & in Ca in great. I pray you feel God w/ you while you're there & that the time goes either as fast as slow as you're hoping. I'm sure you'll do great. God Bless. Hope to see you when you get back.
Friday night- Women's fellowship

Some of the ladies from Wellspring had a women's fellowship night @ the church. My mom & I decided to go. They had a really nice dinner, LOTS of desserts & a couple crafts (necklace & lima bean reef) for all the ladies. The room was decorated beautifully & the food was great. The ladies did a great job. I had a good time. I think the best part (for me) was just catching up w/ the ladies that I don't see often anymore (since we don't attend that church anymore). There were 4 pregnant ladies, 4 ladies w/ babies under 7 months (but the babies weren't there) so there was a lot of baby talk as you could imagine. Being one of the pregnant ladies there it was nice to talk w/ women & hear their experiences (already having children) & fears (about to have a babies). Good time for sure.
Cookie time
The City Church decided we were going to go caroling this yr in downtown. At the same time hand out flyers & cookies. Maybe talk & meet people walking by. So Kim decided to buy all the stuff & bake a bunch of cookies for us to hand out, & then later on when she got off work on Friday whoever wanted to could come over & help decorate the cookies. So after the dinner @ Wellspring my mom & I headed over Kim's house & helped decorate. There were about 6 of us decorating & Kim baking. It was fun talking & laughing. I must admit though you can definitely tell we were not cookie decorators & we stayed there way past my bed time but I enjoyed doing it. We ended up making 284 edible cookies & plan to hand them out tonight in Town Square.

Saturday-Addison's birthday

We headed over our good friend's the Calisch's house for their 3 yr old, Addison's Birthday. She had a Ocean barbie birthday. It was really cute. All the girls dressed up in dress up clothes & they had part of their dining room decorated to look like the ocean. Then took pictures of each one on a surf board, so cute. Addison got lots of gifts, cake & ice cream. They all played well together. It was a really nice time hanging out w/ them since we haven't in awhile. Thanks Calisch's for another fun Birthday. Hope Addison had a good time.
(sorry are a lil' blury I tok ppictures of the printed pcture)



OH YEAH
Alexa also lost her fist tooth. She was very excited a wk ago when we figured out that it was loose. Then the other day while in timeout she decided that would be the place to finally pull it out. Not really any blood or anything. We can already see the 'big girl tooth' (as Alexa calls it) coming in. She keeps asking when the rest are going to fall out, but none are loose & it's early for her to be loosinf teeth, so we'll see.



SIGH. So that was my week. A lot of fellowship & hanging out w/ friends......all in all just a great week. I know most of it had nothing to do w/ the holidays but it was a long, busy, fun, memory keeper week. Thank you God for each of these people you have put into my life. I'm truly blessed to know each one of them. Thank you also for letting me survive this week & not be too tired to do all of this. God you amazing, thank you.

No comments: