Saturday, October 4, 2008

Apple Picking

Yesterday our play group went apple picking. I didn't even know people did this in the Fall, but I guess around here it's like going to a pumpkin patch. It's just something you do every Fall. This place was so beautiful and the drive there was unbelievable. We walked around this huge orchard that had all kinds of fruits. I couldn't imagine taking care of soo much. As we were walking everyone was picking apples and fruits and eating them right off the tree, and no one cared.



Alexa dressed, excited and ready to go.



Nice juicy apples....

Charlie was in heaven. Alexa would take a couple bites out of an apple,

then give the apple to Charlie

A birds nest...but no birds.

the people out here like catching things......especially bugs

A baby frog


A caterpillar......

Alexa was the only kid to poke it instead of hold it.


So if you're anything like me you're thinking you let the girls eat apples from the trees and ground where there are frogs, and bugs without washing the apples first. Everyone was doing it and they weren't getting sick or finding bugs in their apples soooo I let the girls eat too. But I was grossed out.

The slide show is mostly the drive there and scenery things, but there are some pictures of the kids. It's hard driving and taking pictures so I'm sorry if you can't see the beauty in the pictures. I love the scenery here, w/ the trees changing colors and the leaves falling. I've got to work on getting use to the cold now though.

2 comments:

The Jacksons said...

All your blogs are so cool I love how you guys are just learning more and more about this rad world yet in such a different.

Devonne said...

How fun. I have always wanted to do that. I have been thinking of taking the kids to Julian. I've heard they have a place like that there too.