Monday, September 8, 2008

Starting a tradition and passing it on....

As most people know when we lived in Ca. my mom was our # 1 babysitter. Alexa loved Mama watching her but didn't like the idea of mommy leaving. So for some reason my mom came up w/ the idea of letting Alexa look out the window as I drove away and we would wave to each other. This some how worked for Alexa and she wouldn't be upset that I was leaving. Then we had to do it anytime Anthony or I left. We think it's cute that she wants to watch us drive away and half the time she would blow kisses too. The other day Anthony was leaving for work and mid way to running to the window to say goodbye Alexa looked back and saw Charlie crawling after her. Alexa stopped and said, " Come on Charlie you're going to miss Daddy." So she picked her up (which she's not suposed to do) and dragged her to the window. I thought it was so cute all I could do was grab my camera. Charlie usually doesn't even look out the window w/ us but Alexa as she was waiting for Anthony said, " She's big enough to stand now." It's weird the things that come out of their mouths and how cute that it is that she wanted to share this w/ Charlie. So thanks mom for starting this. It seems like we'll be doing this for awhile. Lots of love to you.

1 comment:

MAMA said...

WHEN I FIRST READ THIS IT MADE ME CRY FOR 2 REASONS ONE BECAUSE THEESE ARE THE EVERYDAY THINGS I MISS SO MUCH. AND TWO BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I CANNT SEE YOU GUYS ALL THE TIME YOU ALWAYS KEEP ME IN YOURS AND THE GIRLS LIFE. THANK YOU FOR SHARING AND LEAVING THE WINDOW OPEN SO I CAN SEE THE GIRLS AND YOU GUYS. ALSO THANK YOU ALEXA FOR KEEPING MAMA CLOSE EVEN WHEN I AM FAR AWAY AND FOR HAVING SO MUCH LOVE IN YOUR HEART AND SHARING WITH CHARLIE ALL THOSE SPECIAL LITTLE THINGS WE DO TOGETHER THAT MAKE US A FAMILY. I AM NOT GOOD WITH WORDS LIKE YOU ARE BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALOT AND THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU